Friday, March 31, 2006

Godspeed, Lisa Tucker

Sigh. Every week I complain about who gets kicked off of American Idol. Except for last week when the loser was Kevin Covais. I actually jumped up in happiness because he got kicked off, in addition to the fact that the show cut out before he sang much of his song.

But this week I wasn't going to sit back and let America choose my idol for me. Ms. Lisa Tucker had been in the bottom 3 the past few weeks and I wasn't going to let it happen again. I thought she did a great job with Kelly Clarkson's "Because of You." (Better than a certain "Suds in the Bucket" hill billy) So, for the first time, I voted for an American Idol. And after getting through a few times, the line was busy so I felt like Lisa was in good hands. I even tried voting for Katherine McPhee, at Patrick's request, even though I thought she was an obvious choice to be safe. Shows how much I know.

I watched the show taped, by the way, just so you know why I'm a day late on this news. But a day late or not, I can't believe Bucky and Ace are still on the show.

My faith in voting is completely shattered. Voted in the presidential election in 2004. Trust me, the current situation is not what I voted for. Voted for purple to be the new m&m color. Blue is okay, but purple is the color of royalty. And then I voted for Lisa Tucker. I should have known.

I hope someone gives Lisa a record contract. I think she's a good singer, yeah, but more importantly I need to regain some confidence in my decision making.

btw: Paris, stop crying every results show. you make me want to pinch your chipmunk cheeks. Hard.

3 Comments:

Blogger Poll said...

hello !!

Good blog !

3:43 PM, March 31, 2006

 
Blogger the great waldo pepper said...

who's this chick from poland commenting on the GWP!?

also, i was very saddened by the news that lisa was leaving us (as you know because you sat next to me when i found out the news).

but 2 things comforted me, and i shall share them with you so that they may do the same:
1) she's in the top 10 so she'll go on tour
2) all of this crap: http://bestweekever.blogs.com/best_week_ever_blog/2006/03/american_idol_r.html

3:51 PM, March 31, 2006

 
Blogger Katie said...

First of all, I don't care who the girl from Poland is. I'm just happy people finally commented on my blog entries.
Second, thanks for that link Patrick. It was very reassuring. Nothing makes you feel better than a big plate of spaghetti. I wonder if Paris cries all through the Italian dinner or if she manages to pull it together.

6:15 PM, April 01, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Hit Counters
Nordstrom